Sunday 20 March 2011

~20th March~ BABY hits the runway!

Dearest blog-chan,

This is probably really old news by now any self-respecting lolita buff, but Baby The Stars Shine Bright have finally rolled out their Spring/Summer collection! I recently came across the video of the runway show on one of my favourite lolita blogs, Lolita Charm (You don't know how badly I covet her wardrobe!). 

Anyways, onto the show. The theme of this spring's show is most definitely fairytales, with princesses and ruffles and lace everywhere to be seen. As Victoria of Lolita Charm has pointed out, it appears that Baby has tried to reinvent famous fairytale figures like Snow White, Alice and Hansel and Gretel and I couldn't agree more. And between you and I, blog-chan, I think some of these opulent details may be sneaking into my summer collection... I mean, what fashion designer hasn't borrowed elements from their competition?
    

Some trends I have fallen in love with:

    - Flower garlands/halos - These'd look so cute on a country lolita or for a sweet picnic co-ord.
- Flowing Rococo-style sleeves - It's really wonderful to see Rococo making a comeback.
- Chocolate coloured blouses - Such a cute alternative to white blouses. They'd look great with most pastels, but especially as part of a Melty Chocolate themed co-ord.
- Straw bonnet hat - A really refreshing classical/sweet take on the typical summer boater.
- Co-ordinating bodice pieces - An interesting way of switching between jsk and a skirt. 2 in 1 ftw!
- Rococo styled fan - Ideal for the summer. Could be easy to DIY one for myself. 
- Rococo style hat/headdresses - Marie would be proud of that lacey, rosey feathered wonder!

*sigh* There's just some more things I'll never be able to afford. But I honestly can't wait to see some of these beauties hitting Daily-Lolita or the website for that matter. 

See you soon,

Katie
xx  

     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

La Belle Pâtisserie Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon Distributed by Blogspot Templates