Thursday 10 March 2011

~10th March~ 30 Day Music Meme - Day 2

Hey Ho, Let's Go!

It's time for Day 2 of my music meme, my least favourite song. Now this one has a hell of a lot more songs to choose from, because if you know me well, you'll know I'm very fussy about my type of music. I honestly can't stand any rap / hip-hop hence last year's choice of 'OMG' by Usher. However, the other way to make me hate a song is for the radio to play it to death or until I take a blunt object to my speakers. And guess what? This song does both. Plus, I'm about to make the over 9000 millionth Justin Beiber insult.
   

God, I can't believe this tweenage nightmare has to grace my blog with his presence.  I know it's supposed to be a sweet long song from the 'boy-next-door' stereotype (I think,) but having him wear those ridiculous hoodies and using words like 'Shawty' to make him seem more 'Street' is just plain stupid. Just because he's the so-called prodigy of Usher, doesn't mean he has the capabilities to pull off the same woman-crazing personality Usher has in his videos. Especially when they put girls who look older than him in the video, then it just looks laughable. Maybe I'm onto something here. Perhaps Mr. Beiber is the deconstruction of a modern rapper for a younger audience whilst at the same time being the parody of one for older hip-hop fans...

Well played, Beiber. Well played indeed.     

Wow, maybe I'm doing a little bit too much Media Studies there. Oh well. It's sound impressive. 

Tomorrow: A Song That Makes Me Happy :D 

See you then,

Katie
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

La Belle Pâtisserie Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon Distributed by Blogspot Templates