Friday 18 March 2011

~18th March~ Music Meme Day 10

Wow, I'm stupid.

So instead of 10 minutes, I left a 2-3 hour posting gap between them... Oh well. What would have been today's song is A Song You Can Fall Asleep To. So, during my GCSE revision period I had managed to stress myself out to the point of insomnia and the occasional 2am flick through my Physics book to try and bore myself to sleep... which naturally didn't work. Then, I found this guy on YouTube called Paul Collier, who writes these amazingly relaxing piano pieces which promised easy sleep. And God was he right! I woke up the next morning, well before my alarm, bright and full of energy. I, of course wanted to learn his secret. 

He uses these special sounds called 'alpha waves'. So in one ear of my headphones I would hear one frequency but the other ear I hear a different one and the two work together in relaxing the brain. Or something along those lines.

With that scientific ramble over, here's 'Rosey' by Paul Collier.         


Seriously, go check out his work. You will not be disappointed.

Tomorrow: A Song From A Band You Like.

See you then,

Katie
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

La Belle Pâtisserie Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon Distributed by Blogspot Templates