Monday 4 April 2011

~4th April~ Music Meme Day 24

Yo yo yo!

Today's song is a Song You Would Want To Play At Your Funeral. And it was a such a toughie it took two days to come up with an answer. But I  think I've cracked it.

Given my personality, I don't tend to think about my funeral all that often. Well, in case of an in-college death due to work overload or angry lecturers I have left my friends with a vague funeral plan but ironically no musical selection. I wanted something big but not the usual Bette Midler/Sarah Maclaughlin/Josh Groban, so I really had to think about this. I eventually came up with to the conclusion I had to turn to the world of musical theatre. And I think I found something sufficiently heart-breaking and beautiful in 'I'll Cover You (Reprise)' from the musical Rent:

[video]

(Additional comments)

Tomorrow: A Song That Makes Me Laugh

See you then,

Katie
xx      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

La Belle Pâtisserie Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon Distributed by Blogspot Templates