Tuesday 9 November 2010

~November 8th~ Distant Melody

Today I came across this website when I was in search of Anastasia lyrics.

It's called Distant Melody, and it's home to lyrics from animated films of the 80's and 90's. Being a massive fan of the Nostalgia Critic I know the majority of the films by name only, but there are some with massive nostalgia factor for me. So, I thought I'd share a few of my personal favourites:




Thunderella's Song from 'Happily Ever After' - An 80's sequel to Disney's Snow White with the cheesiest of 80's cheesey soundtracks. 




Dreams to Dream from 'An American Tail 2' - I haven't seen this film yet, but I found this song on an AMV and I fell in love with it <3




Fight Song from 'Care Bears 2' - This. Will. Never. Leave. My. Head.




When Love Has Gone Away from some non-Disney version of Cinderella - I have fond memories of singing Cinderella's part into my TV remote :D




Whatever You Imagine from 'The Pagemaster' - Ah, the movie aimed at making kids want to read but only ever appealed to bookworms like me :D





Roll Back The Rock (To The Dawn Of Time) from 'We're Back: A Dinosaur Story' - Just plain awesomeness. 



Absolutely Green from 'A Troll in Central Park' - I just find it funny how close the ending of this movie is to the original ending of 'Little Shop of Horrors'




So yeah, this was pretty much my childhood :D

With oodles and oodles of Disney of top, of course.

I'm gonna do my homework now, 

Bye Bye,

Katie
xx







2 comments:

RabbitOdyssey on 11 November 2010 at 01:12 said...

OMG A TROLL IN CENTRAL PARK! I've always wanted to watch that but i never got round to it!!! Did you ever watch the kinda romeo and juliet penguin one too?

Poofy_Petti on 23 November 2010 at 09:11 said...

Pebble and the Penguin?

No, but I saw a review of it a couple of weeks back. I might give it a go <3

Post a Comment

 

La Belle Pâtisserie Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon Distributed by Blogspot Templates